Welcome to Takdah Offbeat Darjeeling, a serene and picturesque destination that is sure to take your breath away. If you are looking for an offbeat place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, Takdah is the perfect place for you. In this article, we will explore Takdah in detail, from its rich history to the must-see attractions and everything in between.
History of Takdah Takdah, a small village nestled in the hills of Darjeeling, has a rich history. It was once a summer retreat for the British during the colonial era. The British built several bungalows and established tea gardens in the area. Today, you can still see the remnants of the British era, from the old bungalows to the narrow-gauge railway track.
Must-See Attractions in Takdah Takdah has several must-see attractions that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Tinchuley Village: Tinchuley Village is a small hamlet located just 3 km from Takdah. The village offers stunning views of the Kanchenjunga mountain range and is known for its eco-tourism initiatives. Visitors can enjoy bird watching, village walks, and cultural tours.
- Takdah Orchid Centre: The Takdah Orchid Centre is a must-visit for nature lovers. It houses a vast collection of orchids, including some rare and endangered species. The centre also conducts workshops on orchid cultivation and conservation.
- Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate: The Rungli Rungliot Tea Estate is one of the oldest tea gardens in Darjeeling. Visitors can take a tour of the tea garden, watch the tea-making process, and even taste some of the best tea in the world.
- Deollo Hill: Deollo Hill is a popular picnic spot in Takdah. It offers panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys. Visitors can also trek to the top of the hill for a more challenging adventure.
- Gumbadara Viewpoint: Gumbadara Viewpoint is another popular spot for nature lovers. It offers stunning views of the Teesta River and the surrounding mountains. Visitors can also enjoy a picnic at the viewpoint.
FAQs about Takdah
- What is the best time to visit Takdah? The best time to visit Takdah is from October to May when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities.
- How far is Takdah from Darjeeling? Takdah is located about 30 km from Darjeeling.
- Is Takdah a safe destination for tourists? Yes, Takdah is a safe destination for tourists. The locals are friendly and welcoming, and there is little to no crime in the area.
- Can I visit Takdah with my family? Yes, Takdah is an ideal destination for families. There are several family-friendly activities, including trekking, nature walks, and cultural tours.
- Are there any accommodation options in Takdah? Yes, there are several accommodation options in Takdah, ranging from budget homestays to luxury resorts.
In conclusion, Takdah Offbeat Darjeeling is a hidden gem that is waiting to be discovered. With its rich history, stunning natural beauty, and must-see attractions, it is the perfect destination for anyone looking for an offbeat adventure. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and head to Takdah for an unforgettable experience.